Friday, September 25, 2009

TGIF: Thank Goodness It's Finished

I've been quiet largely because I've been plugging away on The Shrug while dealing with a broken water heater, a sick dog, and a few shrug-related set backs. Here's the worst of those.

I gleefully knit along on the fronts, and forgot to make certain the shoulder seams would end up the same length. I thought, for reasons that currently escape me, that I only had to account for the final 10 stitches bound off the back at the shoulder seam, and so decreased the front to 10 stitches. Then, because I was on a roll, I didn't think to double check the shoulders until after I'd finished both fronts. Turns out, there are actually 24 stitches bound off on the shoulder in the back, just some on one side, then on the other, then the final bind off of 10. Whoops.

Anywho, the knitting portion is complete, and I am on to the seaming part. While I have seamed before, I haven't done something so fine. I'm a little nervous, and am going to my LYS for support and encouragement. I've gone this far, and shouldn't be afraid of a little finish work. Here she is, all pressed and waiting to go.

Wish me luck.

In the meantime, the sock fiend in me has been quieted by the lace knitter. After completing this beaded lacey shrug last night, I promptly cast on new project, namely, the Aeolian Shawl. Beads, charts, and lace, I am wholly comfortable with. This project comes with a NEW challenge: nupps. Nupps are wicked little collections of lots of stitches going into and out of the same stitch. They give me some pause, but I shall push forward and conquer! :-)

No comments: