Sunday, August 8, 2010

Grumble...

I've been working on a pair of socks in my "free time", that is, time not spent changing the baby's diapers or burping the baby or cuddling the baby or snuggling the baby or playing with the baby or taking pictures of the baby or running errands with the baby. Note that I did not say when I was feeding the baby, as I'm entirely capable of knitting socks while nursing (because I'm hard core, y'all). I've been very pleased with my progress so far, and finished the feet on both socks this morning. I was all ready to begin the toes when I noticed this:


These are the Whirlpool Socks pattern by Laura Nelkin. They are featured in the book, Knitting Socks with Handpainted Yarn. I'm using Koigu KPPPM, which is neither cheap nor easily available where I live. In case you're having trouble seeing the problem(s), here's a closer look.


Yep, I'm almost out of yarn. Not only am I almost out of yarn, I used the skeins unevenly as well. I have no idea why. I'm peeved, and I have no idea what to do with this problem. I'm taking a break while I contemplate solutions, which include binding them off here and making them pedicure socks or ordering another skein of the yarn just for the toes or using some other yarn to make the toes...

In the meantime, I've begun another project. This time, I'm working on the Halcyon sweater from A Fine Fleece by Lisa Lloyd. I'm currently swatching, which is not at all photo-worthy. I'll share when there's something to share, which might be a long long long time from now...

No comments: