Sunday, August 1, 2010

I'm sorry, did you say something?

I was probably sleeping, nursing, bathing, changing, or otherwise occupied with NA. My bad.

I did complete a project (of course, I had it mostly finished before NA arrived)! I made this blanket for my baby brother's second child. If you've been reading for awhile, you might recall the trauma I went through selecting the perfect pattern and yarn for his first child.  This was way easier, largely because they were expecting a girl this time. In case you've missed it, I'm not really a pastel pink fussy foo-foo kind of person, and I couldn't bear the thought of making a pastel pink fussy foo-foo kind of blanket. So I didn't. I used the Tweed Baby Blanket pattern by Jared Flood, and Frog Tree Meriboo (they have a machine washable version) in a red and taupe. The red is more of a pinkish, and the color combination is really pretty wonderful. I'm in love with this pattern, and will have to make it again at some point. While I forgot to take photos of the blanket before mailing it to my brother and sister-in-law, she very kindly sent me a picture (it's from her cell phone - she now has a newborn and a 19 month old boy, so I'm excited she had time to do it at all) so I could share.

1 comment:

Madelyn said...

Very pretty and well done, as usual. Definitely not foo-foo fussy!!