Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The problem with sick kids, I've learned...

...is that they can get you sick, too. You don't want the gory details, so I'll just put it this way: cold, cold/ear infection/adverse antibiotic response, stomach bug, cold/ear infection. I have been caring for the baby and/or sick myself almost non-stop since the New Year. I hate cold and flu season and will be overjoyed when people can go outside and the world can air itself out again.

In the meantime, I finished my February socks during February. I even took pictures of them, I just didn't get around to blogging about it. Here they are: DK weight Zauerball, basic sock recipe from the Yarn Harlot. Mindless and fast, exactly what I needed for the shortest (and hopefully sickest) month of the year. I realize that the picture is actually a smidge blurry if you click on it, but it's a pretty cute picture of the beagle, and the color changes are the most exciting thing about the socks...

I'm also (finally) making a blanket for N. I'm following the Moderne Baby Blanket pattern (Rav link) from Mason Dixon Knitting, and using Cascade Sierra. I'm really loving this yarn - it's pretty and soft and N loves to chew on it. What could be better? Pictures later, when it's not just a pile o'garter stitch in my bag.

No comments: