Monday, May 16, 2011

My bad (March/ April Roundup)

Sorry I've been silent. A few things happened all at once and I've been otherwise occupied. Of all the things that happened, though, the most life-changing (and I'm not sure if I mean that in a good or bad way) is that N is walking. Yep. He's also climbing the walls. I don't mean that figuratively. He's got ridiculous arm strength and will pull himself up using the windowsill. Then he anchors himself in place using his TEETH. He's also discovered the floor register and keeps pulling the stupid thing up, when he isn't standing on it trying to look out the window. He understands "No" and will happily shake his head at you and stop what he's doing. Then, with a giant grin on his face, he will slowly begin to creep his hand back to whatever you didn't want him to have/touch/pull on. Sigh. ANYWAY:

Yes, I did finish my March socks in March. They are lovely. I used Cookie A's Monkey pattern with Schaefer Heather. This yarn was delightful to work with - soft and smooth and just wonderful. I'm not sure about how it will wear, though, as I've already gotten some fading and pilling on the soles and I've only worn them twice and handwashed them...

I also finished my April socks on time. I'm quite pleased with them. They were an exclusive pattern for a sock club run by my LYS, in Sanguine Gryphon Bugga. This yarn is satisfyingly squishy and soft, and I loved the colors here. Sadly, these socks are not for me, so into storage with them until the appropriate time.


THEN, because I had some time left in April, I made this lovely cowl, using the Yarn Harlot's Pretty Thing pattern. This was made in the Fibre Company Canopy Fingering yarn, in the Fern colorway (which appears to no longer be available). It's just delicious. I very much want to donate this cowl to a fund raising event for brain cancer research, but haven't been able to get a response from the Yarn Harlot to make certain this would be an okay use of her pattern.


Now, I know that I used to be a single project girl, but that's gone the way of my waistline and attention span. Currently on the needles, in no particular order, are: the Summer Mystery Shawlette knit along by Wendy Knits, a pair of deadly boring very large socks for GF, a monkey for N's birthday from this book, the Moderne Baby Blanket from the ladies over at Mason Dixon Knitting, and another scarf for the aforementioned brain cancer fundraiser.

Note that there are no socks on the needles for the month of May. I am trying to make this a finish up month, because GF's socks have been sitting for quite some time. He isn't a whiner, but I can tell he'd like me to finish them. And I want to get the other stuff cleared off before I take on anything else. That's the plan, anyway...unless N decides to give up naps this month.

No comments: