Monday, August 20, 2012

Preparation

"Do you want company on Tuesday?" This from GF as I am buried under bits and bobs of fabric, focused on the task at hand. I don't understand - why would I want company? What's happening on Tuesday?

"When you drop him off." Oh, right. Nicky's first day of school. I'd sort of kind of forgotten.

We've decided, both to enable me to focus on looking for gainful employment and to encourage socialization, that Nicky needs to go to preschool. He'll be going two days a week. He'll eat breakfast there, play there, have lunch and nap there, play some more, and then come home. I'm sure he'll have a great time and love it there. I'm sure the break and the extra time on my hands will be beneficial to me. Still? Not that happy about it.
There's a mistake on this blanket - can you spot it? It made me mad enough to redo a block, then I made the same mistake again and GF said "Your mouth says No but your hands say Yes."
So I spent the weekend making a quilt. One with things on it that he likes. He needs a blanket for naptime, I say to myself, and everything I bring in for him has to be labeled. I can't label the blanket I knit for him, I argue with myself, and so I will label a quilt block.


Then GF points out that he'll probably do better with the blanket from his bed, the knit one he's been using for the last year and a half, and I'm forced to admit he's probably right.

The quilt looks good on his bed here, don't you think?

No comments: